Pound cake, so named because it has a pound of each ingredient in it, can only get better if you add a little extra something, right? And why shouldn’t that something be cream cheese? This recipe comes to you straight out of Rosie’s All Butter Fresh Cream Sugar Packed cookbook. Like a few other notable chefs, this gal doesn’t hold back or worry about calories in any of her recipes.
Do you own a similar fancy cake pan? Have you ever had problems getting the cake to come out of the pan in one piece? Here is a nifty trick: melt some butter and brush it into every stinkin’ groove. Then put the pan into the fridge for about 5 minutes so the butter can solidify. Remove the pan from the fridge and dust with flour or cocoa, dumping the excess powder out. Then immediately fill with cake batter and bake. You shouldn’t have any more problems using this process.
1. Info for Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1½ cups butter
- 1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour (or sifted all-purpose flour)
- Cream the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the mixer bowl between each addition.
- Add the flour and beat for 30 seconds.
- Pour into your well greased pan and bake 325 degrees for one hour and ten minutes or until it tests done with a skewer or toothpick.