During the summer, I am all about no bake desserts. That includes easy candies as well as ice cream, cookies and bars. This crunch bar fudge is just like a Crunch bar (or Krackle if you favor Hershey’s version). Of course, this isn’t just hot weather food. It makes a great addition to a holiday plate of goodies. It could also just satisfy a craving for chocolate. Watch out, though. You might be tempted to eat the entire batch yourself! Have some friends ready to eat it with you.
I have attempted old fashioned type fudges. I have ended up with grainy, soft, not so wonderful fudge type stuff. This recipe is the opposite of that kind of fudge. It whips together in mere minutes. Because it is made from chocolate chips, it is basically a no-fail fudge. That’s just the kind I need. Maybe someday I will perfect the other kind, but I am not sure why I should bother when I can make something as rich and creamy as this.
Don’t be tempted to add more rice cereal. There is definitely such thing as too much in this recipe. I once made the mistake of adding an entire cup of cereal. I could barely stir it and it was dryer than dirt. A little crunch goes a long way, trust me! Happy eating!
1. Info for Crunch Bar Fudge
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Crunch Bar Fudge
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- Melt butter, chocolate and corn syrup in a large saucepan, stirring over low heat.
- When melted and smooth, add vanilla and then the powdered sugar.
- When fudge-like, add krispies and stir until evenly mixed.
- Press into a buttered 8 X 8 pan, refrigerate and cut into squares.