Aren’t these cute? They are little bites of muffin (I have them in a mini ceramic loaf pan so they may appear bigger than they are). They aren’t very sweet ~ only 1/4 cup of sugar in 48 mini muffins. The dates give them more sweetness, but there is only one or two pieces per muffin.
They would make a great accompaniment to a soup or salad. They’d make a good breakfast or snack, too. They are almost a cross between a biscuit and a muffin. The muffin base would be good with any dried fruit.
1. Info for Date Mini Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Date Mini Muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup chopped dates
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the egg, oil and buttermilk.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in dates.
- Scoop into greased mini muffin tins (makes 48) and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and done.