I’m getting back into the groove this week with fast healthy meals that take no time at all!
This 5 min Spicy Asian Chicken Salad is gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, low carb, paleo friendly, and really, really good!!
I am super busy with projects and clients this week so need meals that are essentially “put together” meals. There’s no cooking involved, it’s simply a matter of throwing things together. I always gravitate toward meals like this when I get busy. I know a lot of you struggle with healthy meal ideas that are also FAST and easy to make. So this one will be perfect for you!
I get most everything already pre cut and pre cooked. Here is a very unglamorous behind the scenes look at what went into this salad
I got an all-natural rotisserie chicken from my local health food store, shredded carrots and the “Cruciferous Crunch” shredded salad from Trader Joe’s. You could also use a slaw mix + shredded kale if you can’t find the mix in your area.
Then I literally dumped everything into a plastic bag, including the seasonings and shredded chicken and gave it a good shake. That’s it! No cook, no prep. Now that’s what I call a 5 min meal!
How easy is that?!
You could even serve this dish at a dinner party and your guests would think that you slaved all day to make it!
I promise eating healthy does not have to take a ton of extra time. It’s all about getting creative with the ingredients you use.
I’m always on the look out for produce that is already pre-cut or shredded, it just makes life so much easier! Do you have any fast, easy meals that you just throw together on busy weeknights? If so, please share in the comments below! I’m always looking for new ideas and the whole group will benefit as well! Here are some of my other healthy 5 min meals and more here.
1. Info for 5 Min Spicy Asian Chicken Salad (Paleo Friendly)
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for 5 Min Spicy Asian Chicken Salad (Paleo Friendly)
- 2 bags shredded carrots
- 2 bags of “Cruciferous Crunch” shredded salad from Trader Joe’s (alternately you could use slaw mix + shredded kale)
- 2 Tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 jalapeno sliced very fine into halves (more or less according to taste, I like it SPICY!)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, torn into shreds
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 Tbs Tamari (tamari is a gluten free soy sauce) or regular soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Siracha
- 5-6 drops liquid stevia (alternately you could use a drizzle of honey or maple syrup but I like to keep it sugar free)
- Simply put all ingredients into a large plastic bag and shake vigorously until well incorporated. Adjust flavors as needed .
- Pour into bowls or onto plates and enjoy!!