This recipe started with the sauce. I was reading a cookbook and saw a marshmallow sauce that had liquid smoke in it. The idea was to make it taste like a fire roasted marshmallow. I was not very excited about the liquid smoke, but the idea of a marshmallow sauce had many possibilities.
I started thinking about what would go well with marshmallows and then it hit me. S’mores. After a little tweaking a few more recipes, this is what I came up with. It’s S’mores you eat with a fork.
1. Info for Fancy S’mores
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Fancy S’mores
- 1 pkg graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cups sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 10oz pkg large marshmallows
- ⅓ cup half and half (or cream or evaporated milk)
- Combine the crushed grahams and butter.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9 X 9 pan.
- Combine the filling ingredients and pour over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Microwave the marshmallows and half & half in a large microwave safe bowl until it’s all melted.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- When the chocolate squares are cooled completely, cut into squares and ladle the marshmallow sauce over it.