It doesn’t snow much in Florida. In fact I have met people here that have never once in their entire lives seen snow. They have never been ambushed by a snowball. They have never made snow angels. They have never enjoyed that rush of sledding down a big hill all bundled up with scarf, hat and mittens or come inside so cold and pink that they can hardly move, but so exhilarated from having fun. It makes me sad. After a year here, my daughter has started telling me she wants to go where there is snow again. Because there are no plans to move in the near future, I think that means next winter we are going to have to make a trip north during the holidays…to somewhere snowy.
In the mean time maybe eating gingerbread pancakes will suffice. They evoke scenes of Christmas, cold weather, SNOW! Yes, perhaps they would taste better on a cold day with a foot of snow outside, but that’s not going to happen any time soon in my life. Maybe I should just make gingerbread ice cream…..I will have to think about that one 🙂
1. Info for Gingerbread Pancakes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Gingerbread Pancakes
- 3 Tbsp white rice flour
- 3 Tbsp potato starch
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ⅓ cup milk (or more)
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Cook on greased griddle or skillet as you would normally cook pancakes.
4. Tips and advices:
- Substitute 1 cup all purpose flour for other flours and double all the other ingredients for normal diets if you want to feed a family.