Yes, this is another apple crisp. I believe there are about four or five on my site. I cannot help it. When I want an apple pie, but I’m too lazy to make a crust, I make an apple crisp. This time, I used almond meal in the topping.
My family seems to think they cannot eat any kind of crisp/cobbler/crumble without vanilla ice cream. Is your family like that, too? I get all excited about the “healthiness” of a recipe and then wham-bam-traffic-jam, Hubs or the kiddos head to the freezer to cancel out all of my seemingly good nutritional work.
When you can’t beat them, join them, right? I found a wonderful gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free frozen dessert called Coconut Bliss. They come in all sorts of wonderful flavors. My favorite is Ginger Cookie Caramel. I splurge on containers of this frozen coconut milk delicacy once in a while. I have to write “Mom’s! Don’t Eat! ” all over the carton in order to actually get to eat it, though. My big teenage sons would eat the entire pint in one sitting.
1. Info for Gluten-Free Apple Crisp
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Gluten-Free Apple Crisp
- 10 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1¼ cups coconut palm sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp instant tapioca
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Toss the apples with ¼ cup coconut sugar and instant tapioca.
- Place in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the almond meal mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.