Gluten-free cornbread is just the ticket for a cool Autumn day.
It’s September first and while that wouldn’t mean much if I were still in Florida, here in Washington, it’s like a switch went from hot and dry to cold and wet. For the first time in almost ten years, I am wearing jeans and long-sleeves in September! You might think that I am complaining, but actually, I am not. I miss long pants, real shoes with socks and the warmer shirts and sweaters that I rarely got to wear in the South.
This cornbread just hits the spot with the cooler weather. While my Floridian friends are still enjoying popsicles and iced drinks, I’ll be heating up some soup.
Change is good.
1. Info for Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Gluten-Free Cornbread
- 1 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut, soy, cashew, rice or dairy milk)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 8 ingredients.
- Add the eggs, milk and oil.
- Stir until just combined.
- Spread in a greased 8×8 square pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until it tests done.
- Let cool before cutting.