My kids actually beg for me to make this type of chicken. I cut the pieces small, like chicken strips or nuggets. When the chicken is done, it is tender and juicy and really flavorful. If my boys see me putting goldfish in a shopping cart, their first thoughts go to chicken instead of to snacks.
1. Info for Goldfish Chicken
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Goldfish Chicken
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1½ cups crushed goldfish crackers (coarsely crushed, you don’t want it to be like the powder found at the bottom of a cereal bag, more like the size of candy Nerds ~ crazy comparison, I know, but that’s the only thing I could think of that would illustrate the size!!)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or approximately that much cut up into tenders or nuggets)
- Combine the ranch and goldfish in a shallow pan ~ like a pie tin.
- Dip chicken into the butter and then the goldfish, turning to coat.
- Place in a large baking dish or cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes if using whole chicken breast halves (is that an oxymoron ~ whole halves?).
4. Tips and advices:
- If you use flavored goldfish, like pizza or bbq, you can eliminate the ranch mix.”, “I love recipes that are variable and this is just such a one. If you take the basic idea of dipping chicken and then coating it, you can find TONS of ways to make this dish new; coat it in crackers, crumbs, chips etc.. And don’t even get me started on fillings. Pound the chicken to 1/4 inch thick, put something on top like fresh herbs, cream cheese, other meat slices, cheese etc and roll it up. Fasten with a toothpick and then dip and coat.