I have been trying to come up with an alternative to milk and sugar filled sweetened condensed milk. I think this Non-Dairy Sweetened Condensed Milk is a great substitute.
Okay, I know that the color is darker than the canned sweetened condensed milk from the store. You cannot get the white results if you don’t use white sugar. Coconut palm sugar brown. Cashew milk is off-white. Cooking the two until the mixture is really thick = dark brown results. The taste is wonderful. It’s a give and take world…you give on color here, but you take away a better-for-you product.
Do you make your own copies of store bought foods? What has been your biggest success? I’d love to hear from you!
1. Info for Homemade Non-Dairy Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Homemade Non-Dairy Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups cashew milk
- In a saucepan, whisk together the cashew milk and the coconut sugar.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Let it simmer for two hours, stirring often.
- After the cooking time is over, remove from heat and let cool down for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar, cover and put in the refrigerator.
- It will thicken as it cools.