I make these honey lime enchiladas all of the time. They are not quite your ordinary chicken enchiladas with cream sauce. Nope, you marinate the chicken in a honey lime mixture before assembling and WOWZA! does it ever make a big difference!
I got the original recipe from The Sisters Cafe site. I have seen it on many others, but I think that is where it originally started. With recipes, you never know, right!?
1. Info for Honey Lime Enchiladas
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Honey Lime Enchiladas
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Other ingredients:
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded or minced
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 16 oz green salsa (my favorite is Guy Fieri’s, but Herdez is good)
- Toss cooked chicken with marinade ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes in a glass pan.
- Pour ½ green salsa on the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Soften tortillas by heating them.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and 1 cup of cheese.
- Lay them on the salsa in the pan.
- Top with the remaining salsa and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Broil for 4 minutes for a browned crispy cheese.
- Serve with tomatoes and sour cream and guacamole, if desired.