When I was little, my mom always took any extra pie crust from pie baking and put it in the oven with a dollop of jam on it. I had no idea that there were actual cookies, fancy schmancy cookies even, that mimicked those pie scraps. That’s basically what these little cookies are. You could even make them using store bought pie crust if you don’t have the time or inclination to make the crust homemade (though these are very easy!).
Make sure that you really pinch the dough good and hard. My first batch opened during the baking process. Not good. Not pretty. Still tasty.
1. Info for Kolacky
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Kolacky
- 1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- strawberry or apricot jam
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour and mix until it forms a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough in half form balls, wrap them with plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out one half of dough on a floured surface until ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut into 3 inch squares.
- Put jam diagonally in the middle and fold up two of the corners.
- PINCH WELL!!!
- Fold the pinch to one side and pinch it against the jam filled part.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until nicely golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.