This is one of those combinations that originated in my imagination. I love combining sweet and spice and savory all in one dish. This salad does that and more. I have made it a couple of times. The first time, I just ate it plain. The second time, I thought I’d try it on a bed of cooked sweet potato. The potato was warm, but not hot. The salad was cold. It was actually pretty wonderful and not too unhealthy either.
I am still using my Lifesize portion control kit. I have lost about ten pounds since starting to use it. The last ten I have to lose have been constant companions for the last 20 years. I’d love to see them go. I will keep you posted whether or not the Lifesize system is able to evict them. My point in bringing it up, however, is to tell you that these pics show a Lifesize portion; just one of six I am allowed to eat all day. See, I eat lots and I am never hungry.
1. Info for Moroccan Turkey (or chicken) Salad
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Moroccan Turkey (or chicken) Salad
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lime
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- ⅓ cup cashew bits and pieces
- ⅓ cup chopped dried apricots
- Mix ingredients from mayo to cumin in a small bowl.
- Place onion, turkey, nuts, apricots and vegetable in a larger bowl.
- Combine with mayo mixture.
- Salt to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.