Sometimes just a little fiddling with a basic recipe ends in something extraordinary. These little beauties are made with a basic peanut butter cookie recipe. They are along the same lines of those yummy cookies with the Hershey kiss, only better. Fancier.
The original recipe these are taken from called for molding the cookie dough around the filling…like volcanoes. Not feeling very artistic, but wanting a similar effect, I put them in the mini muffin tin and then gently pushed the edges down over the filling. The results were prettier than anything I could have formed freehand. By the way, the filling stays soft, even after it’s cooled.
1. Info for Peanut Butter Mini Cups with Molten Chocolate
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Peanut Butter Mini Cups with Molten Chocolate
- The Filling:
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- The Cookie:
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Make the filling by melting the chips in a microwave safe bowl, a minute at a time until smooth.
- Combine with the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Set aside.
- For the cookie, mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the vanilla and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Place a teaspoon sized ball of dough into each muffin tin.
- Press them down to form a cup.
- Fill each cup with chocolate filling.
- Push the edges of the cookie down over the filling.
- Bake12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.