This is a really, really, REALLY easy dessert to put together. It’s like those old commercials for rice crispy treats where the mom whips them up in five minutes, but throws flour on her face and acts like she slaved away in the kitchen making dessert for her family. This trifle will tempt you to do the same thing.
I found a bag of already crushed candy canes at Walgreens that allowed me to skip the hammer step. I do enjoy getting out a hammer to crush candy canes in a ziploc bag, but I hate that I always end up putting holes in the bag, spilling sticky powder all over my floor and counters. I have learned to save cereal bags for that purpose. They are a lot stronger and usually don’t get as many holes.
Don’t forget to check out all of the other peppermint desserts the other Christmas Treats participants have made!!
1. Info for Peppermint Brownie Trifle
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Peppermint Brownie Trifle
- 1 package 9X13 brownies, and ingredients called for on package
- 1 large package instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping (cool whip), thawed in fridge
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- Bake brownies according to package directions.
- Cool completely.
- Mix pudding mix with milk and peppermint extract.
- Place in fridge to cool until ready to put trifle together.
- Crush candy canes with hammer and bag.
- Mix food coloring into whipped topping and put back into fridge.
- To assemble, layer pieces of brownie, pudding, cool whip, candy cane in a glass bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.