I love pancakes. I mean I love, love, LOVE pancakes. However, I cannot eat the same, boring plain pancake over and over. I must have variety, and from chocolate to granola, I will try it. This pina colada pancake was a definite hit.
All of my pancake varieties are for both gluten and gluten-free eaters. Simply take the add-ins and combine them with your favorite pancake mix or recipe and presto(!) you have your own personalized pancake delicacy.
I really like to make what I consider happy foods on dark, dreary, cold mornings. I think bringing the flavors of the tropics into theses pancakes does the trick just fine. Who can be depressed when eating foods reminiscent of sunshine and beaches?
1. Info for Pina Colada Pancakes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pina Colada Pancakes
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- ⅛ tsp coconut extract
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp chopped frozen pineapple
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg, extracts, oil and milk.
- Fold in the pineapple and coconut.
- Cook on a greased griddle or frying pan as you would normal pancakes, about ¼ cup per pancake over medium heat, cooking for about 3-4 minutes per side.