This recipe comes from a 1936 “international” cookbook. It is a super easy way to make a mock toffee candy. It is quite addicting but perhaps if we say it has oatmeal in it, we can convince ourselves that it is healthy. Or maybe not.
It comes out of the oven extremely how and gooey. Try to make cut marks to form your little pieces then, but do not try to remove it from the pan at that time. Give it about 15-20 minutes to firm up and then gently remove it.
I have to tell you, one of my sons almost ate the entire pan in an hour. I had to stop him when I realized there were only three pieces left so that at least one other son could have some. It was a mighty skimpy dessert night for the others who were snoozing when I brought these out.
1. Info for Scotch Seas
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Scotch Seas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Combine the sugar and butter in a bowl, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and spread evenly into a greased 8X8 square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cut immediately into small squares.
- It will be very hot, so be careful.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before tasting or you will burn your tongue! It gets crunchy as it cools.