Warm Lit’l Smokies Chile Dip is another hearty meat and cheese dip, this time with a little kick of chiles, too.
I am at it again. New Year’s isn’t even a week past and I am thinking about eating more dips. This time, however, these are pure game watching foods. Football is gearing up for it’s epic final games of the 2014-2015 year and we need munchies. We need comfort food at it’s best and have I got a couple of wonderful warm dips for you, starting with this Warm Lit’l Smokies Chile Dip.
Most dips involving little sausages are meant for you to put them on toothpicks and dip them into cheese concoctions. This time, I went further and actually put them into the dip itself. I sliced the whole package into thirds to keep the dip hearty. Oh, and if you happen to see more than one brand of “lit’l smokies” in your grocery store, stick to Hillshire Farms. The other brand is just little hot dogs, not little sausages. There is a big difference. (I was not paid to endorse one brand or another, I am just passing on my strongly held opinion).
This dip is amazing. Seriously, you cannot go wrong when copious amounts of cheese are involved, but the chile/sausage combination is a definite winner. If you are concerned about the double dipping that may occur, serve the dip in individual ramekins.
1. Info for Warm Lit’l Smokies Chile Dip
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Warm Lit’l Smokies Chile Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles, drained
- 14 oz package lit’l smokies, each cut into thirds
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Mix the first five ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in the chiles and sausages and cheese.
- Pour into a 1½ quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips or crackers.