My son, the Musician, is taking biology this year in school. His teacher assigned the class to form groups and then make edible cells. Some of the groups are making cakes, some are making pizzas. The Musician’s group chose to make a giant cookie and elected him to actually make it. Someone else is doing the paper and another student is doing a poster.
I took a picture of it before it baked.
I was concerned that some of his cell features might melt into each other and I wanted a picture to show his teacher. However, the finished product turned out just fine.
He poked toothpicks into the various parts and attached little pieces of paper labeling them. He used this recipe.
(Makes about 5 dozen cookies if baking normally.)
1. Info for Sugar Cookie Science Project
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 60
- Calories: 51kcal
2. Ingredients for Sugar Cookie Science Project
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-3½ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg, milk, lemon extract and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add.
- Mix well.
- Roll out to ¼ inch thick and cut into round shapes.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.