Fresh seafood is a summer staple. Try these light and simple recipes utilizing the very best of the season. Whether you are a seafood fan or not, you will definitely love these 5 sizzling summer seafood recipes.
Table of contents:
- Tropical Grilled Tuna Salad
- Refreshing Shrimp Ceviche
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Juicy Grilled Salmon
- Unstuffed Red Snapper
1. Tropical Grilled Tuna Salad
This salad makes a great summertime lunch or light dinner. The fresh ginger makes all the difference. If you can’t find apricot preserve, orange marmalade will work instead.
- ½ cup apricot preserve
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 2 large mangos, peeled and diced
- ½ cup fresh papaya, chopped (optional)
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Bottled raspberry vinaigrette
- 4 tuna steaks
In a zip-top bag, combine preserves, pineapple, hoisin sauce, lime juice, cilantro, ginger, and oil. Shake to mix well, and add tuna. Allow to marinate in the fridge for about an hour, and then grill over medium heat to desired doneness.
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, mangos, papaya (if using), and tomatoes. Top salad with tuna and dress with the raspberry vinaigrette. Add a zesty kick to the tuna marinade with one finely diced jalapeño pepper and ¼ teaspoon each ground cumin, red pepper flakes, and dried thyme.