Originating in Chinese hot pot restaurants, Corn Juice has become a refreshing, daily staple in Chinese culture. Use fresh corn at the height of the season for the best and tastiest results. EQUIPMENT: cheesecloth.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Corn Juice.
1. Info for Corn Juice
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total Time: 6 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 105.95 kcal
2. Ingredients for Corn Juice
- 4 cups (900-1000 g) fresh corn
- 4 cups (944 ml) water
- Use a sharp knife and shave the kernels off each ear of corn. Be sure the shave as close to the cob as possible. Add the corn kernels and the water to your KitchenAid® K400 Blender and turn to the “Icy Drink” setting. Blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Lay a cheesecloth over a large bowl so the ends hang over the edge of bowl. Pour the corn mixture into the bowl, then gather up the ends of the cloth and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- CHEF’S NOTES: Frozen corn can be used, but produces a juice that is much less creamy and sweet, and paler in texture. Use fresh corn for best results.