A sophisticated salad looks decadent but can be thrown together in minutes! Offering a combination of beets, creamy goat cheese, fresh citrus, and crunchy hazelnuts, this colorful recipe makes a great light meal or side for 2.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Beet, Goat Cheese, and Grapefruit Salad.
1. Info for Beet, Goat Cheese, and Grapefruit Salad
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 397.71 kcal
2. Ingredients for Beet, Goat Cheese, and Grapefruit Salad
- 1 cup roasted beets
- 2oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 grapefruit cut into segments
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and spread the hazelnuts over the tray. Roast for 5 -10 minutes until golden. Allow the hazelnuts to cool and then chop roughly.
- Remove the peel from the grapefruit and cut it into segments.
- Crumble the goat cheese, and finely chop the mint.
- Cut the beets into small wedges.
- Layers the greens, beets, grapefruit, goat cheese, hazelnuts and mint on a large serving platter. Dress the salad with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.