Bica Blanca is a traditional Spanish cake made with purely egg whites for a light elegant color. The cake batter is made from a mixture of sugar, flour, and whipped egg whites and cream to produce a white cake with a light, fluffy texture. Sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar before baking, this elegant cake has texture similar to that of angel food cake. Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream for a tasty light dessert option.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Bica Blanca (Traditional Spanish Egg White Cake).
1. Info for Bica Blanca (Traditional Spanish Egg White Cake)
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 731.93 kcal
2. Ingredients for Bica Blanca (Traditional Spanish Egg White Cake)
- 6 egg whites
- 325 gr. sugar
- 250 gr. flour, sifted
- 1/4 liter whipping cream
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, adding the sugar little by little until stiff peaks are formed. Add the flour, little by little, and mix well.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks are formed and then fold into the egg whites.
- Line a rectangular baking pan with greased parchment paper. Place the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven, turn out onto a baking rack to cool, and remove the parchment paper.