Forget the pudding or jello, try this custard instead. It’s sweet and rich, with a smooth texture that’s pleasing. Making it can be tricky and requires that the directions be followed exactly so as to not burn the sugar. A strainer is required, along with flan molds.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Tocino de Cielo (Spanish Custard).
1. Info for Tocino de Cielo (Spanish Custard)
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 517.06 kcal
2. Ingredients for Tocino de Cielo (Spanish Custard)
- 300 gr. sugar
- 200 gr. water
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Heat the 300 grams of sugar in a saucepan until it forms a caramel sauce and pour into miniature flan molds.
- Combine the 100 grams of sugar with the water in a separate saucepan to form a syrup by cooking on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat the yolks and eggs together and add to the syrup mixture little by little, stirring constantly. Strain twice and pour into the flan molds. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a water bath until firm, approximately 20 minutes for miniature custards.