These Biscuits with Quince Jelly are a fun variation of the traditional thumbprint cookie. Easy to make and requiring just 7 simple ingredients, these cookies are buttery and ever so slightly flavored with fresh lemon zest. Filled with quince jam, these cookies are the perfect accompaniment to an evening spent by the fire with a hot cup of cocoa or tea. Or you can whip up a batch for a fun afternoon snack. Feel free to choose your favorite variety of jam for the filling. We recommend quince because of its unique flavor.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Biscuits with Quince Jelly.
1. Info for Biscuits with Quince Jelly
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 599.67 kcal
2. Ingredients for Biscuits with Quince Jelly
- 1 egg
- 120 grams sugar
- 1 lemon, zest
- 125 grams butter
- 250 grams flour
- Quince jelly
- Beat the egg, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Gradually, add butter, flour, and a pinch of salt, until you get a moldable, but not sticky dough.
- Form a dough ball, cover entirely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough, and cut into desired shape.
- Put some quince jelly in the middle, and bake for 12 minutes.