Ham leftovers with a cajun feel. Serve with a green salad and a tall ice tea.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Ham Jambalaya.
1. Info for Ham Jambalaya
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Ham Jambalaya
- 1 1/2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 1 14 1/2-oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 14-oz can chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups rice, quick-cooking
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, sweet pepper and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, ham and Cajun seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Serves 4.