All too often, people give up on salad. Plate, lettuce, dressing, fork, eat. Not today, not this salad, not on our watch! This salad will rock your world so hard that you’ll want to dive in, face first, no fork, white knuckle grip on sides of bowl, for a hot mess of a salad eating experience. We start by making our killer granch dressing. Yes, with a “g.” A ripe, green avocado is smashed up with all the flavors of a classic ranch dressing. Then we toss it with a variety of veg and time-saving rotisserie chicken, and you’re done. Faceplant or fork, it’s up to you, we won’t judge.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Chopped Chicken Salad with Granch Dressing.
1. Info for Chopped Chicken Salad with Granch Dressing
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 208.42 kcal
2. Ingredients for Chopped Chicken Salad with Granch Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dill (roughly chopped plus a bit for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or lemon juice…anything sour)
- 2 rotisserie chicken thighs (but you can use any part you’d like)
- 2 cups watercress
- 1 cucumber
- 5 scallions (just the whites)
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- olive oil
- chilies (nice-to-haves)
- marinated peppers (nice-to-haves)
- artichokes (nice-to-haves)
- Grab your avocado and cut it in half (rotating the avocado around your knife, not your knife around the avocado). Score one half of the avocado and turn out into a large bowl. Reserve the other half for topping the salad. To the bowl, add yogurt, a good drizzle of olive oil, and a big pinch of salt. Now roughly chop the dill and garlic, and add them to the bowl. Next add the honey and vinegar. With the back of a fork, mash up the dressing, like you would a gauc.
- Take your rotisserie chicken thighs and chunk them up, right into the large bowl. Next, toss in your watercress. Peel your cucumber, slice it up, and add to the bowl. Take your scallions and trim them down so you’re just working with the whites. Give the whites a rough chop and toss them in the bowl. Remove the pit from your avocado (hit it with your knife and then remove it from the knife using a towel so you don’t cut yourself). Score the avocado and turn out into the bowl. Season the salad with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Grab a plate and pile high with salad. Garnish with a bit more dill. Faceplant into salad.
- Hot Tip: Is my avocado ripe? – Peel back the stem, if it comes out easily with no green underneath, you’re good to go