Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Coconut Curry Pork Meatballs.
1. Info for Coconut Curry Pork Meatballs
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Coconut Curry Pork Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk (14 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (for topping)
- 2 green onions (sliced, for topping)
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (for serving)
- Place the pork in a large bowl. Add in 1 egg, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cilantro, 3 green onions, 1 Tbsp. ginger, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the meatballs in a single layer. You may need to do this in batches! Brown the meatballs on all sides, cooking about 10 to 12 minutes total. Remove the meatballs with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel. Pour out any grease in the skillet except for 1 tablespoon.
- With the skillet over medium-low heat, stir in 1 shallot and 2 cloves garlic with a pinch of pepper. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 bell pepper. Stir in 3 Tbsp. curry paste and let it cook for 2 minutes. Pour in 28 oz. coconut milk and stir. Add in 2 Tbsp. lime juice.
- Place the meatballs back in the skillet. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. You want the internal temperature of the pork to read 160 degrees before serving.
- Sprinkle the 2 sliced green onions and 1/4 cup cilantro on top. Serve over jasmine rice.