With butter, garlic, and cheese as the seasoning ingredients, you know these potatoes will be delicious!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes.
1. Info for Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 306.46 kcal
2. Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- Black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3-4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Soften potatoes prior to cutting by microwaving them for 1-2 minutes in the microwave. With a sharp knife, make slices in each potato 1/8 inch apart, stopping 1/4-1/2 inch below the bottom. Be careful not to cut through the potato.
- Arrange the potatoes cut side up on the baking sheet, gently pulling the edges of each to widen the tops. Season the potatoes liberally with salt and black pepper.
- Finely mince the garlic cloves and place in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter and Italian seasoning to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the garlic and herb butter over each potato, letting it seep down into the crevices. Loosely tent the potatoes with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake the potatoes on middle rack of oven until they are able to be pierced with a fork, but are not completely tender, 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the sheet of aluminum foil from the potatoes and discard. Sprinkle a scant tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese over each potato. Continue baking the potatoes until they are fork tender and browned and crisp on top, 10-15 minutes.
- Check to see that potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.