Lemon and garlic are a classic flavor pairing with asparagus, and this quick, delicious side dish shows why.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Garlicky-Lemon Asparagus.
1. Info for Garlicky-Lemon Asparagus
- Cook Time: 22 Min
- Total Time: 22 Min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 72.19 kcal
2. Ingredients for Garlicky-Lemon Asparagus
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 lbs. asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush and finely mince the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Using a zester or handheld rasp-style grater, grate 1 teaspoon of zest from the lemon. Reserve the lemon for later use.
- Trim the rough ends from the asparagus and arrange the spears on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and the minced garlic.
- Roast on middle rack of oven until garlic is fragrant and asparagus is crisp-tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Check to see that asparagus is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving plate, and sprinkle the grated lemon zest over the asparagus.
- Slice the reserved lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon over the asparagus. Serve immediately.