Potatoes are the perfect comfort food. They are hearty and can be paired with any entrée. These German-style Potatoes are a festive side dish for any occasion. They take an hour to prepare. Try them with your favorite meat main dish for the perfect Sunday dinner. So get in the kitchen and start cooking! We hope your friends and family will love this savory and decadent recipe as much as we do.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for German-style Potatoes.
1. Info for German-style Potatoes
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 355.38 kcal
2. Ingredients for German-style Potatoes
- 5 medium-sized potatoes, washed, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tbsp. dry curry
- 1 tsp. bouillon
- Fry the bacon in a pan with a little oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add the chicken broth, bouillon and a little salt.
- Mix the potatoes in a bowl with the paprika, curry and a little pepper. Add the potatoes to the pan and let them cook on low heat, covered, for 30 minutes. When tender, remove the top from the pan, increase the heat to medium high and allow the rest of the liquid to evaporate, turning the potatoes from time to time until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley, mix together and serve.