Any day that starts with a nutrient-packed cookie for breakfast is a good day.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Gluten-Free Honey-Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies.
1. Info for Gluten-Free Honey-Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
- Cook Time: 25 Min
- Total Time: 25 Min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 406.98 kcal
2. Ingredients for Gluten-Free Honey-Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (192g) almond butter
- large egg
- 1/3 cup (110g) honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (205g) quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4oz. (1 cup) dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, break the bananas into chunks and mash with a fork.
- Add the almond butter, egg, honey, and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Mix well, then fold in the dried fruit to evenly distribute.
- Spoon 16 mounds of the oat mixture onto the baking sheet. Do not flatten.
- Bake cookies on middle rack of oven until golden at the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Check to see that cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers at room temperature for up to 2 days, in the refrigerator for 4 days, or in the freezer for 2 months.