Hearty and flavorful, this stew’s flavor changes depending on what type of beer or stout you choose. Serve with samples of imported beers and a loaf of Irish soda bread.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Irish Pork Stew.
1. Info for Irish Pork Stew
- Cook Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Irish Pork Stew
- 2 pound boneless blade pork roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 large onions, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 10 1/2-oz can chicken broth
- 1 12-oz bottle imported stout, OR beer
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat pork cubes. Heat oil in Dutch oven; brown meat over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover; medium-low heat for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally.