Enjoy awesome Cajun rice in no time with a little help from Johnsonville. This recipe starts off with the holy trinity of Cajun cuisine: onions, bell peppers, and celery. Throw in your favorite long grain rice and diced tomatoes, add in Johnsonville’s Cajun Style Chicken Sausage, and you’ve got yourself an authentic Cajun dish that’s sure to please.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage Rice Skillet.
1. Info for Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage Rice Skillet
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 190.05 kcal
2. Ingredients for Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage Rice Skillet
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, pepper, celery in oil until tender.
- Add the sausage and garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 longer. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.