These chewy, cheesy little rolls are unlike anything you’ll find in an American bakery, but they sure are delicious.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread).
1. Info for Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 171.24 kcal
2. Ingredients for Pão de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 260g tapioca flour (2 cup plus 2 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. shredded mozzarella (or cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup)
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 24-cavity mini muffin pan very liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place the milk, olive oil, egg, tapioca flour, and salt in a blender. Process on high until smooth. Add the cheeses and pulse until incorporated, 4 to 5 times.
Pour the mixture into cavities of muffin pan, filling each slightly more than half full.
Bake the pão de queijo on middle rack of oven until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Check to see that pão de queijo is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow pão de queijo to cool for 5 minutes, then use the tip of a sharp knife to remove from pan. Serve warm.