A little lime juice, chipotle, and cumin give this grilled chicken a kick, and a few super-simple techniques guarantee it comes out tender and juicy. First, lightly pound the meat so the thickness is fairly even from end to end. Second, grill the chicken over medium heat — not high, which can torch the outside before the inside is cooked through. Finally, don’t overcook it! (A thermometer makes this part easy.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Perfect No-Fail Grilled Chicken Breasts.
1. Info for Perfect No-Fail Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 301.93 kcal
2. Ingredients for Perfect No-Fail Grilled Chicken Breasts
- coarsely chopped cilantro
- fresh lime juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- ground cumin
- garlic powder
- ground chipotle chile pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- Combine cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, mustard, cumin, garlic powder, and chipotle in a medium bowl.
- Set chicken on a work surface with the smooth side up. With the heel of your hand or a meat mallet, lightly pound the thick portion of each chicken breast piece so the whole breast is an even 1 inch thick. Add chicken to bowl of marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°). Set chicken on a plate and let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Following the insertion guide on the Yummly Thermometer app, insert the thermometer horizontally into a chicken breast until the metal is completely covered.
- Grill chicken with the smooth side down for 3 minutes with the lid closed. Rotate chicken 1/4 turn (this will give you those nice grill marks). Close the lid and grill 2 minutes longer. Turn chicken over (or flip when directed to by the Yummly Thermometer app) and grill until the temperature reaches 160°, 5-10 minutes longer. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before serving.