Leftover pork roast can used for these pocket bread sandwiches for next day lunch or a midnight snack.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pork Pocket Sandwiches.
1. Info for Pork Pocket Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Servings: 6
2. Ingredients for Pork Pocket Sandwiches
- 1 pound cooked pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 2 cup lettuce, leaf
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 six inch pita bread, rounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- Combine pork, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, tomato and cheese in a large bowl; toss gently. If desired, sandwich filling can be tossed with dressing (instructions follow), covered and refrigerated for several hours.
- Cut pocket bread rounds in half; spoon mixture into pocket bread.
- Combine remaining ingredients (oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, dry mustard, salt and Herbes de Provence) in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Pour dressing over mixture in pocket bread.
- Fill pocket bread halves just before serving.