Traditional enchiladas break out of their tortilla shells and into a quinoa casserole.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Quinoa Enchilada Casserole.
1. Info for Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 271.46 kcal
2. Ingredients for Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (or 1 1/2 cups packaged cooked quinoa per 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 can enchilada sauce (10 oz. per can)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (10 oz. per can)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/4 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (for casserole)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for casserole)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (for topping)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for topping)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (optional, for serving)
- 1 lime (optional, for serving)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add the quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer, cover pot, and cook quinoa until tender, 12-15 minutes.
Place quinoa, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes with green chilies, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, paprika, Monterey jack, mozzarella, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine with a rubber spatula. Transfer to a 9×9-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer.
Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over top of the casserole.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until bubbling, 25-30 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Serve casserole garnished with diced avocado, sour cream, and lime, if desired.