Recipes courtesy of Ray Lampe author of The NFL Gameday Cookbook
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Ray’s Tropical Pork Chop Sandwiches.
1. Info for Ray’s Tropical Pork Chop Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Ray’s Tropical Pork Chop Sandwiches
- 8 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
- 8 sandwich rolls
- 8 slices pineapple
- 8 slices red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut rum
- 1 tablespoon Key Lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon guava paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch nutmeg
- To make the marinade: Whisk together all the marinade ingredients (pineapple juice, coconut milk, red onion, coconut rum, lime juice, garlic, guava paste, salt, pepper, paprika, vanilla extract, nutmeg). Put the pork chops in a zip-top bag or a glass bowl and pour the marinade over them. Toss to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, tossing occasionally to coat evenly.
- Prepare the grill for cooking over direct medium-high heat. Grill the chops for about 8-9 minutes, turning once or twice, until done to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Place each pork chop on a bun. Quickly grill the pineapple slices for 1 minute on each side and put them on top of the pork chops. Top each with a slice of red pepper to serve.