Roasted eggplant halves plated with two sauces, fresh cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese. This dish tastes like it came from a Mediterranean restaurant.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Roasted Eggplant Salad.
1. Info for Roasted Eggplant Salad
- Cook Time: 50 Min
- Total Time: 50 Min
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 308.11 kcal
2. Ingredients for Roasted Eggplant Salad
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt (to taste, for eggplant)
- Black pepper (to taste, for eggplant)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt (to taste, for yogurt)
- Black pepper (to taste, for yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. honey
- Salt (to taste, for tahini)
- Black pepper (to taste, for tahini)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts (toasted)
- 4 mint leaves (minced)
- Hot sauce (to taste, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and place cut side up on the prepared baking sheet. Rub with the olive oil and sprinkle liberally with the salt and black pepper.
- Roast the eggplant on middle rack of oven until tender, 27-30 minutes. While eggplant bakes, prepare the dressings.
- Stir together the yogurt, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the tahini, water, lemon juice, cumin, and honey together in a small bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Check to see that eggplant is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the eggplant to cool slightly. To assemble the salad, spoon yogurt onto a serving plate, then use the back of spoon to spread it into an even layer. Arrange eggplant halves on top. Scatter cherry tomatoes over eggplant. Drizzle the tahini sauce over dish and sprinkle with feta, pine nuts, mint, and hot sauce. Serve immediately.