This simple side is the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors, and showcases some of the best Autumn ingredients.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Roasted Pears & Butternut Squash With Sticky Balsamic Glaze.
1. Info for Roasted Pears & Butternut Squash With Sticky Balsamic Glaze
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 290.28 kcal
2. Ingredients for Roasted Pears & Butternut Squash With Sticky Balsamic Glaze
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sage
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Slice the pears and butternut squash into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Finely chop the sage.
- Combine the butternut squash and pear slices, 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, cinnamon and 1 tbsp of sage in a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread the butternut squash and pear slices on the sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- While the pears and butternut squash are roasting, place a non-stick saucepan on the stove. Pour the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup into the pan, and reduce over medium heat until the sauce becomes syrupy.
- Chop the walnuts and add the walnuts and remaining finely chopped sage (2 tbsp) to the pan.
- Arrange the roasted pear and butternut squash slices on a serving platter, and pour the balsamic glaze over the top. Serve immediately.