You don’t need to salt or fry when making this easy, mess-free, and delicious eggplant Parm. Use your favorite jarred marinara sauce, but do take the time to shred the mozzarella and Parmesan yourself — it really does make a difference. If you like your eggplant Parm super saucy, feel free to add more when you assemble the stacks. And if you want all your diners to have a big stack with matched-size slices, buy a little extra eggplant and save the rest for a stir-fry.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan.
1. Info for Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 638.88 kcal
2. Ingredients for Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- egg whites
- kosher salt
- panko breadcrumbs
- mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Brush a sheet pan with olive oil. Finely grate Parmesan. Whisk egg whites with salt in a small bowl. Mix 3/4 cup parmesan with the panko in a shallow bowl (set remaining Parmesan aside). Trim eggplant and slice crosswise about 1/3 inch thick.
- Keeping one hand for wet ingredients and the other for dry, dip eggplant slices in beaten egg whites, then coat on both sides with Parm-panko mix, pressing to help the crumbs adhere. Arrange slices side by side on prepared sheet pan.
- Bake eggplant on middle rack of preheated oven until tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Coarsely shred mozzarella. Turn eggplant slices over (they’ll be well-browned on the bottom, and by getting turned they won’t get overdone). Pair a larger slice with a smaller one to keep portions similar, or match size of slices for a prettier look. Top half of slices with a heaping Tbsp. each of marinara and then shredded mozzarella. Cover with remaining eggplant, and then repeat with remaining mozzarella and more sauce. (You may have leftover marinara.)
- Sprinkle any remaining panko-parm mix over eggplant stacks and top with reserved Parmesan.
- Bake eggplant until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 minutes. Serve eggplant stacks with any remaining marinara sauce.