Any Italian grandmother would call it impossible to conjure up a legit lasagna in under fifteen minutes. We’re not in the business of defying anybodys Nonna, but we’re about to prove them all wrong. By breaking up the lasagna noodles, we can get them cooked off quickly. We pull together a scratch tomato sauce spiked with garlic, chili flakes, and fresh basil. The epic finish involves over a pound of cheese that, with a little help from the broiler, gets melty and ever so slightly browned. Sorry Nonna, we’ve got this one in the bag. Buon appetito!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Three Cheese Broken Lasagna.
1. Info for Three Cheese Broken Lasagna
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 455.63 kcal
2. Ingredients for Three Cheese Broken Lasagna
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 box lasagna noodles
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 1 handful basil
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (+ some for garnish)
- 1 pinch salt
- Olive Oil
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Turn on your broiler. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for your lasagna noodles. Grab a large oven-proof pan and place over medium heat. Break apart the lasagna noodles and add them to the pot of boiling, salted water. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan of garlic and season with a pinch of salt. Reduce the sauce for just a couple minutes. Add your basil (whole leaves) to the tomato sauce. Remove your broken lasagna noodles from the pot with some tongs and place them directly into your tomato sauce. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Grab your mascarpone and mozzarella cheeses. If you’ve had a tough day, take a moment and squeeze the mozzarella ball for some stress relief. Tear the cheeses into big chunks and distribute over the top of the tomato sauce and noodles. Then grate your parm over the entire pan. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and grind some black pepper over the top. Place the pan under the broiler for about a minute. Once the cheese is melted and the lasagna is a bit browned on top, take it out.
- Grab a plate and a big spoon. Load a heaping helping of lasagna onto your plate. Garnish with a big grate of parm and enjoy!