Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Spiced Chamomile Hot Toddy.
1. Info for Spiced Chamomile Hot Toddy
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 137.56 kcal
2. Ingredients for Spiced Chamomile Hot Toddy
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 14 grams chamomile tea
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine honey with 1/2 cup filtered or spring water in the smallest saucepan from the KitchenAid® Stainless Steel 10-Piece Set over medium-high heat. Add a whole cinnamon stick and star anise and bring to a simmer. Cover and remove from heat; let steep for 10 minutes, then remove the cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Meanwhile, brew a batch of chamomile tea. Fill your KitchenAid® Glass Tea Kettle with 40 ounces of filtered or spring water. Pack 14 ounces of tea (or whatever quantity your particular tea recommends for 8 cups) into the tea steeper. Set the Glass Tea Kettle to the herbal tea setting and press start. Once the chime sounds and your water is up to temperature, insert the tea steeper and set your timer for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the tea steeper and set aside.
- To prepare toddies, measure 2 tablespoons of warm honey syrup into each cup. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) bourbon to each. Pour in 4 ounces (1/2 cup) tea into each cup, and stir until syrup is incorporated. Garnish with a lemon slice, cinnamon stick and/or star anise, as desired.