Boost your veggie intake with this low-carb take on ravioli. These ricotta-filled ‘pasta’ pillows topped with a rich tomato sauce will not disappoint!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Zucchini Ravioli.
1. Info for Zucchini Ravioli
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 276.07 kcal
2. Ingredients for Zucchini Ravioli
- 4 zucchini
- 1/4 tsp lemon rind
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp basil
- Nutmeg, pinch
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 28oz canned whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a tray platter with paper towels. Remove the ends from the zucchini, and use a vegetable peeler to create zucchini ribbons. Place the zucchini ribbons on the paper towel, and season with salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Pat the zucchini ribbons dry with paper towel.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the lemon rind, ricotta, parmesan, egg, basil and nutmeg until well-combined.
- Spray 2 large baking dishes with cooking spray.
- To create the ravioli, lay three zucchini ribbons in a cross on a flat surface (2 horizontal, 1 vertical). Play a teaspoon or so of the ricotta filling in the middle of the cross. Wrap the zucchini ribbon ends around the filling to create a pillow. Transfer to one of the baking dishes with a spatula. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- Insert the baking dish into the oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the ravioli are cooking, crush the garlic, and finely chop the oregano, and basil.
- Pour garlic, and olive oil into a large non-stick pan, and turn the pan on to medium heat. Cook the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the canned whole tomatoes, tomato paste, and sugar to the pan. Break the tomatoes up using the back of the spoon, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir through the chopped basil and oregano, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Top the cooked ravioli with spoonfuls of tomato sauce. Garnish with extra parmesan and basil, and enjoy!