3. Sweet and Spicy BBQ Lamb Kabobs
The Moroccan-inspired flavors in these kabobs make it a delicious change from your basic meat and veggie skewers. Serve inside toasted pita with fresh greens and slices of tomato, cucumber and black olives.
- Cuisine: American;
- Category: Main Dish;
- Serves: 6-8;
- Prep Time:50 min;
- Cook time:20 min;
- Nutrition Per Serving: 554;
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 1 container (6 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil flavored mayonnaise
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, or preheat your oven to 400. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and separate into 8 even portions. Mold meat mixture around flat metal skewers, and grill or bake to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side (grill) or about 20 minutes (oven).
Give these kabobs a Greek twist by replacing the goat cheese with feta, and swapping the parsley for finely chopped oregano. Top with a mixture of Greek yogurt, diced cucumber, roasted garlic, salt and pepper.