5. Grilled Pork Skewers
Perfect for a weeknight meal, let these delicious kabobs marinate for a full 24 hours for full flavor.
- Cuisine: American;
- Category: Main Dish;
- Serves: 6-8;
- Prep Time:24 hr;
- Cook time:15 min;
- Nutrition Per Serving: 267;
- 1-2 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups white mushrooms, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 15 bite sized chunks of pineapple
- 2 zucchinis, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tablespoons ginger powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Mix all ingredients except pork, vegetables and pineapple in a large bowl. Pour half the marinade into a zip-top bag, add pork cubes, and refrigerate at least overnight, but preferably for 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
Before cooking pork, pour the remaining marinade into a separate zip-top bag and add mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, pineapple, and onions. Allow marinating for about 25 minutes.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Skewer pork chunks and vegetables on separate skewers (cooking time will differ, so separating the two will ensure safe and even cooking). Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning often during cooking.
Don’t let surprise summer showers get to you. If you can’t grill, bring your BBQ indoors by sautéing the pork on the stovetop until browned, and then adding vegetables, pineapple, and sauce. Cook through, and serve over white or brown rice.