As I alluded to earlier in the week, I am on a quest to use up some of my half used bags of food in my pantry. I found a great sounding no bake cookie on allrecipes.com, but as usual, I had to change it a little. Recipes often get adapted according to what ingredients I actually have, not what the original author intended.
1. Info for A New Take on No Bake Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for A New Take on No Bake Cookies
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- Melt the marshmallows, butter and chips in the microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave, it may take a bit more or less).
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the coconut and oatmeal.
- You may need to use your hands to get it all incorporated.
- Form golf ball sized balls and place on waxed paper or a silpat pad.
- Refrigerate if necessary.
- Mine were so firm that I just left them on the counter.
- Note: You could leave out the peanut butter and still have a great cookie.