Does everyone make banana bread? If not, then what do they do with black bananas? Are there people in the world who actually throw them out? Although I can’t stand to eat them, I almost always have bananas in the house for The Good Guy and the Kiddos.
I have always tried to not let my personal food tastes influence my children (although I failed miserably when it came to liver and Brussels sprouts), so I make banana bread, banana muffins, banana cake and even banana milkshakes. I just wash my hands right after handling them…I hate the smell as well as the taste. Anyway, here is a really good recipe for banana bread. It’s a variation of the one my mother-in-law makes.
1. Info for Banana Bread
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 bananas mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk with 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar in it
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas.
- Add milk.
- Combine dry ingredients and add.
- (Note: if you don’t want to go to the trouble of getting out the mixer, soften the butter in the microwave for 15 seconds and mix it all by hand)
- Bake in greased bread pan 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes.
- Leave in pan for 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes before cutting.