I’ve been super busy lately and it just seems like there aren’t enough hours in the day!! It always seems like with the change in seasons comes a new energy. This fall it feels like everything is in warp speed and sometimes I feel like I’m just struggling to catch up! That also means I haven’t had a lot of time for food prep. I know a lot of my clients struggle with this, especially now when school is back in session and everyone is trying to get into the swing of a new routine. Anyone else feeling this way?!
I’ve talked before about the convenience of Breakfast For Dinner meals and this recipe is a variation on that same principle! Here in Texas, breakfast tacos are a staple. You simply can’t live here without becoming addicted! What I love about breakfast tacos is how easy they are to make! If you are strapped for time, simple set up a taco bar with tortillas, organic free range scrambled eggs, beans, chopped veggies, and salsa. Let your family construct their own while you sit back and relax!
This recipe is light, inexpensive, and delicious! Plus, you can prep this in less time than it would take you to get in the car and go through the drive through; now that’s my kind of fast food!
1. Info for Healthy 5 Minute Southwest Breakfast Tacos
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 6 mins
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Healthy 5 Minute Southwest Breakfast Tacos
- tortillas – I used Ezekiel brand sprouted tortillas
- organic scrambled free range eggs (you’ll use about ½ an egg per taco)
- beans – I used prepared black eyed peas from Whole Foods that I already had in the fridge but canned organic black beans will work perfectly as well
- chopped veggies – I used grape tomatoes, finely chopped kale, and thin slices of avocado
- salsa – I used Serrano Salsa fresco from Trader Joe’s
- Simply set up all your ingredients in a buffet line and let the family have at it!
- You can add or subtract any ingredients you like based on your preferences.
- You’ll save so much time using eggs instead of meat because it literally takes just minutes to scramble your eggs!